Wednesday, December 29, 2010

...ONE MORE THING...


I am taking my nursing duties very seriously, but I do have limitations.

I've had to help her in the bathroom, help her bathe, wash her hair, get her dressed.  Stuff like that.

But when she asked me to cut her toenails and shave her "good" leg, she got a "HELL TO THE EFFING NO".... this shit didn't get this way since day before yesterday.

Not touching it.  

No way.  No how.

I asked her if she's shaved her legs since we moved here.  She had to think then said something about not since it's been cold.  It's been cold a while. 

3 comments:

cybermatic said...

Ok, I'm not gonna take issue with the leg-shaving thing...although I'm not sure what the big deal is. It's just hair, no?

What I REALLY don't understand is the toenail thing. As long as they're clean, they're just nails. Keratin (protein), like fingernails.

My husband will NOT cut his toenails inside our home. He will only do this outside...on the terrace. He then wraps up the cuttings and puts them in the trash can. Outside.

What is all this goddamned freaking out about toenails?

I can assure you, as compared to some body-related things, toenails are the epitome of benign.

I'm telling you that it's a miracle from God that you toenail-freakout people have any immune function at all.

Unknown said...

My point is this...she doesn't properly groom herself for months on end, has an injury, then I'M supposed to pick up the pieces. I don't think so.

cybermatic said...

Ah. I see.

Now I'm with ya.

To hell with her hairy toenails.

However, we both know she'll get you to do it anyway. I mean, really...how much whining do you think you can stand before you cave?