Thursday, December 2, 2010

I now hate Thursdays.

Thursday used to be an OK today.  Day before Friday.  Weekend is right there.  Just have to get through Friday and it's allllll good.

Now I hate Thursday.  Thursday is Senior Citizen Day at HT.  You get 5% off your total purchase if you're over 60.

Thursday now sucks.

The store  is flooded with "seniors" on Thursday. 

They stand there with their scrunched up faces fixated on the screen making sure every item is rung up properly.  Some of them?    Some of them, I think their lower lip is gonna swallow up their nose and suck their face inside their neck, it's so scrunched up. 

The nicer ones announce themselves...

"It's old farts' day.  I'm an old fart." 

"I'm a geezer.  Gimme my discount."

"I'm not old, but my wife is."  (Sounds like something Nelson (my step father) would say.)

"Notice my gray hair?"

"One good thing about being 60."  (Too bad that one was 75 - easily.)

"I'm a senior."  Wink.

"I'm 63 years old."  (Really?  Then I'm 23.)

Do you know how many times I just wanted to say, "NO SHIT?" today???

One cute old lady said, "What's with all the old people?"  I liked her.

But they all, every single one of them, at the end of the transaction, said, "Did you give me my discount?"

1 comment:

cybermatic said...

OMG. You are in so much trouble.

I'm calling HT and asking Delores if they can do extra senior days as customer appreciation days.

And special senior coupons that the cashiers will have to watch for.

And anything else seniorish that will drive you nuts.

Don't you know we're a force to be reckoned with?

And the lower lip scrunching thing is to hold in the fart we're saving in case you don't give us our discount...or don't ring us up in under one minute.

We're old, we're tough and we're in your face!