Monday, December 6, 2010

I need it to stop. Seriously.

At around 3:30 this afternoon, my day off, I was sitting around giving Robin her daily pre-work pep talk.  "It's not forever. At least it's something.  You'll find something decent after the first."  The usual.  Then the phone rings.  Caller ID says, "Harris Teeter".  I knew what it would be and I answered. "Hello?" "Hello?  May I speak with Kim please?"  "This is Kim."   "Hi Kim!  It's Delores from Harris Teeter."  Felt like saying, "DUH...."

Long story short, she asked me to come in for a few hours and I agreed.  Every few hours is a Christmas present for someone and all I had planned was starting on some Christmas cards.  I went to make sure I had a clean outfit (a/k/a "uniform") and I did.  I got ready and when I went to get dressed, my shirt, my HT shirt that I had JUST SEEN, had disappeared.  I had to wear a regular nonHT blue shirt.  No biggie, BUT WHY ARE THESE THINGS HAPPENING TO ME?

I know I saw it because it was folded in a pile of clothes and I remember knocking over a pink shirt when getting it out of the pile and thinking how cute the pink shirt is and I should wear it. 

I appreciate the Facebook suggestions and will look into each of them.  One of you mentioned menopause.  Glad Robin doesn't Facebook.  She would so run with that one.  She thinks I am beginning it.  She so badly wants me to go through it before her, even though she's four years older than me.  I say bring it.  I have really held back on the this blog when wanting to describe how working with severe cramps, a backache and a uterus that feels like it's hanging down to my knees feels. 

So, come on menopause.  Stop the periods and stop the insanity. 

No comments: