Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's just a matter of time before I'm appointed "Employee of the Month"!!

Last night (I was supposed to be off, remember?), one of my very nice customers came through my line.  She bought a six pack of some kind of Pale Ale (reminded me of Ingrid) and about six of the things pictured above.  Her total came to around $55.00.

I am not a crafty person, but over the summer while garage saling with Iris, I bought a bag full of those things.  Not exactly, but close enough.  They were more autumny.  I paid $3.00 for the bag and thought that was high.  The seller assured me that I was getting a good deal and told me how expensive they were at Michael's.  They were like $3.00 each at Michael's.  She was right and I made a beautiful fall wreath with the stuff.

When I rang this lady up last night, I stared at her purchases.  $55.00 for a six pack and six of those thingys.  I told her how that was too expensive and I didn't think she should buy the stuff.  Told her my garage sale story and maybe Michael's would have them for cheaper.  She agreed and I voided the entire transaction.  Except for the beer.

That'll teach HT to call me in on my day off.

BTW...Robin got a tweed Ralph Lauren jacket today at a thrift store for 50 CENTS!!!!!!

Oh, I want to mention...this could be a new section of my blog...running it through planning and development. 

A man bought Dole Watermelon Juice.  I had to try it - FABULOUS!!  Someone else bought Paul Newman's Remoulade Sauce.  Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's good.  Didn't know you could buy that in the store.  Delores was pretty excited too.  Good times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog