Monday, December 13, 2010

BRRRRR!!!!!!!

It's in the teens here.  With the wind chill factor, it's gonna feel like 3 or -3 tonight.  Not sure what they said, but does it really matter?  I have decided that the wind chill factor up here is the same thing as the humidity in Miami.  Temperature matters, of course, but the wind chill and humidity are really what makes things uncomfortable. 

We watched the news before going to bed two nights ago.  They talked about snow, but my take on it was that it would hit higher up in the mountains.  We're up there, but they do go higher.  So I was surprised, to say the least, when Robin woke me up at 5:00 yesterday morning, squealing with delight at the sight of snow.  It was/is very pretty, I have to admit.  But she has become obsessed with the weather now.  She is constantly watching the news, looking outside, calling her friends, and telling me things like, "How cool is it that we have snow?"  It's cool.  Or "Look how beautiful!" It's beautiful.  Or "I can't believe how cold it is!"  It's cold. 

We're in for a lot more snow and coldness.  I think it's here to stay.  The novelty is bound to wear off for Robin.  Then it'll be more like, "I can't believe all the effing snow."  And  "I'm can't believe how effing cold it is."

Getting ready for a snow storm is very similar to preparing for a hurricane.  I didn't think the people of NC drank much.  Afterall, there is only one liquor store in NC.....ABC.....someone told me there are no other liqour stores.  And they're not the nice ABC's like in FL, where you can get nice cheeses and fancy chips and stuff like that.  Very basic and generic.  However, the grocery stores do sell beer and wine and boy did I sell a bunch yesterday and the day before.  The people of NC drink afterall!

I think the dogs are adapting well, as you can see from the pictures.  Except for Baxter.  Although...when the neighbor drove up the other day and got out of his car to give the dogs treats, they all went flying through the snow, Baxter leading the way.


No comments: