Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!!

You got your wish, Bodi!!! 

This is my girl (Hurricane Katrina rescue dog) watching it snow.  On Christmas! 

It wasn't supposed to start until this afternoon, but it came early. 

Once Robin gets home (noon), I feel a lot of  "and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" coming on. 

Plan for the day:  Take a shower and put on my favorite PJ's which is really a velvetty navy blue dress - coziest thing I've ever owned, wait for Robin to get home at noon, make the prime rib and potatoes and creamed spinach, and open presents while the food cooks.  Or after we eat.  Or before.  Yeah, probably before ~ who am I kidding?  We have a big box of presents sent from my mom that, although I have been tempted to rip into it, has remained intact on the dining room table all week. 

It's a bitter sweet holiday.  Although the weather is absolutley perfect for Christmas, it would have been nice to have my family here.  Maybe next year.

What are your plans for today?

Whatever they are, remember the reason for the season and ENJOY!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG!!!  ALL YOUR COMMENTS (here and on Facebook)  MAKE ME SO HAPPY (well, most of the time)!!!

No comments: