Monday, December 20, 2010

Lunch

I love sandwiches. LOVE 'em!!!  BLT (with C, C meaning cheese, of course), Reuben, Bologna and Cheese, Ham and Cheese, Tuna Melts.  I could go on and on.  Could eat them for every meal. Robin, on the other hand, hates them. Said Iris made her eat sandwiches all the time growing up. I will admit, Iris does love her sandwiches, too.

A little while ago, Robin announced she was hungry for lunch.  As she stared into the pantry (that she had just organized), she said we don't have any food.  Told her I could make turkey sandwiches.  Got the evil eye.  I then joined her at the pantry and picked out a box of "Pasta Roni".  Shells and White Cheddar.

Me:  "Let's have this."

Her:  "We can't."

Me:  "Why not?  We have milk."

Her:  "No tuna."

Me:  "We don't need tuna."

Her:  "It says 'add tuna'."

Me:  "That's a suggestion.  You don't have to add tuna."

Her (loudly):  "IT SAYS 'ADD TUNA'."

Me (louder than her, thank you):  "THAT'S A SUGGESTION!!!!!"

Her:  "I don't want that."

Me:  "Fine.  I'm making it.  Fend for yourself."

As she watched me make the friggen MACARONI AND CHEESE, she announced that she'd have some.  She loved it and said we need to get some more.

People who know Robin and me as a couple never wonder why I drink.  Never.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must admit, the meal was delicious - AND I was only "suggesting" that tuna be added - instead, as is par for the course, Kim added massive amounts of cheese and hot sauce - no morsel of food goes into her mouth without those two ingredients. One wonders why I always have indigestion.

Unknown said...

So?