Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crutches Suck!

I'm not talking about life assisting crutches like vodka or Prozac.  They don't suck.  What's the opposite of suck?  That's what they do.

I'm talking crutches crutches.  Were they designed to make you forget about your broken leg or ankle?  Because after a day of using those things, everything else startes to hurt...back, neck, shoulders, underarms.

So I did today what every good partner should do and I bought my girl a walker!  Even came with a little pink carrying bag.  Notice there's still a crutch in the picture?  It's to keep the dogs at bay. 

I've pointed out the Kibbles and Bits ashtray for you.  We do have real ashtrays, just so you know. 

Notice she's in new clothes?  She's clean too.  Big plus.  BIG.

I would be rich if I had a quarter for every time I've heard something like, "Where are my glasses?" or "Have you seen my lighter?" or "Where's the remote?"

She has pretty much been on that couch for two days, other than the bathroom and bed.  Still, she loses all her stuff.  I got a little basket for her to keep everything in.  It's a matter of time before I hear, "Where's my basket?"

Robin has finally discovered the beauty of Ibuprofen.  She's never taken it before because she was sure it would make her sick.  Like the kid who's never eaten something before, "I don't like that."  The Percocet wasn't touching the pain, so her doctor suggested she take Ibuprofen with it.  Much better.  So much so, she doesn't take the Percocet.  I got the prescription filled just in case.  One never knows when narcotics will come in handy.   

I am making the most of this situation.  I have never gone to bed with a dirty kitchen, but sometimes I wait and do the dishes later rather than sooner.  Drives her nuts.  So last night I left some dirty dishes within her vision.  I was planning on getting to them, but on Kim time, not Robin time. 

It's tricky juggling the dogs, but so far so good.  She must still have some Percocet in her system because I caught her being nice to Bodi this morning.

I have to work today 5-9.  Not bad, but tomorrow is 10-6 (Old Fart Day dammit) and I will be worried about her the whole time.  She does not know what nonweight bearing means and it's a matter of time before she tries it.  Oy.

No comments: