Saturday, December 25, 2010

Floridiots!!!

That's what the people around here call the people who live in or just moved here from Florida.  Robin, originally being from FL, is truly a Floridiot.  I am more of what's referred to as a "halfback"  Born and raised in the north, lived in FL for a long time, and then moved half way back north.  Halfback. 

Robin is a Floridiot in more ways than one.  As you know, we are experiencing a ton of snow.  People are being advised to stay indoors and off the roads. 

About an hour ago, she asked me if I wanted to go to Main Street to look around and take some pictures.  I told her we shouldn't.  Rather than go back and forth and ultimately letting her get her way, I agreed.  Main Street is really really sweet and it is gorgeous now, I'm sure. 
 
First of all, the garage is flooded due to her having parked in there earlier with a car covered in snow.

Secondly, she said her brakes weren't working as we slid down the road.

As we got about 1/10 of a mile away, she turned pale white.  She was scared!  I was laughing so hard on the inside!  What did she expect?  She then decided it wouldn't be a good idea and we should turn around.  We stopped by her store because she needed chips.  I made the most of it and got some Heineken.  Hey, if I'm gonna be stuck indoors with her for days on end, I need to be armed.

Then the real fun began.  We could not get in our driveway.  We were doing donuts and sliding and she was freaking out.  She is a lot of things, but a freaker outter is not one of them.  Again, me with the laughing on the inside.  I think it was a nervous reaction.  After about 20 minutes, we finally got the car in the garage. 

Now she's upstairs calling all her peeps telling them about our near death experience.  I'm in the basement blogging about it.  It wasn't near death, but hopefully it'll teach Ms. Floridiot that she can't always be a daredevil.

PS:  That's a picture of me on my sled that I've had since 1968.  Schlepped it around all these years.

No comments: