Monday, December 6, 2010

I AM losing it.

Robin has teased me for a while that I am losing my mind.  I think she may be right.

1)  About a week ago I lost my car keys.  I am not a loser.  (Well, I kinda am, but not a loser of things.)  I was parked behind Robin and she had to walk to work.  I found them hours later on the bed in the guest room.  I don't know how this happened because I am very particular about things like where I put my keys, my phone, my purse, etc.  Hate having to wonder around aimlessly (like Robin does ~ all day every day) looking for things.

2)  I guess, by law, or at least HT rules, when you work X number of hours, you must take a break and a lunch.  A few days ago, at around 4:30, (I got off at 5:00) Delores came up to me at asked if I'd taken my break and my lunch.  Told her yes to both.  Minutes later another supervisor came up to me and said, "Either you're crazy, or I'm crazy, but I don't think you took a break."  Told her jokingly, "I think I would know if I took a break or not".  She said she'd go check the computer.  As I was thinking to myself how ridiculous this was and how I knew I'd taken a break, she came back and said, "You never took a break."  So at 4:35, I took a 15 minute break.  Went back and worked 10 minutes, then left.

That made me really start to wonder about myself. 

3)  I am off today and tomorrow.  On call on Wednesday.  So yesterday was my Friday.  I knew my hours yesterday were 11:00 - 5:00.  Not bad.  My body is adjusted to an eight hour day now, so six hours feels like nothing.  (Still losing weight, BTW!!!)  Robin's store is on the way to my store.  Her store is about two minutes away from home.  Mine is about three to four minutes away, depending on whether or not I feel like cutting through the SteinMart parking lot.  I always leave 20 minutes before I have to be at work.  I stop and visit Robin and get free soda.  (I'm so lucky.) 

I KNEW my hours were 11:00 - 5:00 yesterday.  At 10:55, I was very surprised when the house phone rang and it was Robin. 

Her:  "Where are you?"

Me:  "Uh.  I think it's pretty obvious.  I'm home."

Her:  "You're supposed to be at work at 11:00."

Me:  "Holy $%^$;!!!  I gotta go!!!"

While I was supposed to be leaving the house, I was busy taking pictures of Baxter and putting them here.  Nonchalantly.  Not a care in the world.  I also nonchalantly made dinner in advance (fajitas) because I had all this extra time. 

I honestly don't know what happened.  It is really concerning.   I called work and was able to get there only 15 minutes late.  (Didn't stop for my free soda....I mean....to visit Robin.)  Luckily, I had already showered so I put on about 30 seconds worth of makeup, got dressed and flew out the door.  No coat.  Wet hair.  It was about 28 degrees.  I mentioned it to a supervisor at work, the one who advised me I had indeed NOT taken a break.  Told her I think I am losing my mind.  She told me it's the weather.  I'm thinking I shouldn't have confessed that.  They'e probably really gonna be watching me now.  I would be watching me.

Speaking of weather.  I think living in NC is finally sinking in.  In FL, the cold snaps are few and far between.  It is unusually cold, supposedly, here right now.  High today will be 30.  55 is normal.  Gone are the days of 60 one day and 85 the next.  I am not complaining, mind you.  I like the coldness.

Now I'm gonna go eat dinner, then jump in the pool and try to figure out where I left my mind.

Hey!  Wanna have some fun?  Notice my new pink dog?  Put your mouse on the bag of dog treats and drag it to the dog's mouth.  Weeeeeeee.....YAAAAAYYY....clap clap clap!!!!!!

WTH!!!!  Where's the pool?

No comments: