Saturday, December 4, 2010

Highlights of my day.....

A 12 pack of Diet Pepsi fell and I tried to grab it.  I kinda sorta hurt my right wrist when doing so and gave out a little, "Shit", in the mean time.  (Not literally, thank you.  I swore.)  Two customers were very nice and acted concerned.  I did not report it and now understand all those 20 something years worth of claimants saying, "I kept working, thinking it would get better." 

I kept working, but it was sore.  About a half an hour later, I managed to drop a dozen eggs on a customer's groceries while they were still in the cart.  The lady was very nice, but the mean bag boy/man was pissed because he had to replace all the groceries while I stood there.  (Then he had to clean the floor.  Tee hee.) 

I stopped by Robin's store on the way home and was loitering while drinking free soda. (I'm so lucky.)  The mean bag boy/man came in a few minutes later, without thinking, I was cheerful and like, "Heyyyy!!!  What are you doing here?"  He totally ignored me. 

There actually IS a highlight of my day, I think.  The next door neighbor (not the nice one) has a beautiful dog that he keeps chained up 24/7.  The dog looks like a husky.  Actually, he looks like a wolf.  He's gorgeous.   I have kept my nose out of it, even though it has bothered me every single day since we moved here.  Robin told me at first that she saw him take the dog to work with home, so that made me feel better.  Plus we had a big vine that took over the fence and I really couldn't see over there.  Well that vine is dead now and for the past few days, whenever I looked over there, that dog is just lying (laying?  I don't know this one) listless on the ground.  So I have managed to keep my nose out of it.  Until last night.  It is getting really cold here and after a little liquid encouragement, I anonymously called the police department (did NOT dial 911 - called the regular number) and reported it.  Was told someone would be sent out.  The dog was there this morning, but when I got home from work, he was gone, as far as I could tell.  Fingers crossed this has a good ending.  Either he has him inside or they took him to a shelter.  The dog is very meek and mild.  All my heathens can be barking at him and he doesn't bark back.  Seems very adoptable.

And, BTW, Mom?  I know what you're thinking, "Oh Kim!  What if your neighbor reads your blog?"  A)  I doubt he has a computer and 2)  I doubt he can read. 

No comments: