Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yesterday was a nearly perfect day!

I say nearly perfect only because Robin had to work in the morning.

I had plans to go garage saling with Iris and Joe in the morning.  Robin had to work until 2:00.  I made the plans Friday night in a moment of weakness and kicked myself all night long.  Woke up yesterday and had a shift in attitude.   It wouldn't be so bad.

Got up early and did the treadmill at 7:00 - happiness!  It was chilly outside - happiness!  Tried on a pair of jeans that I hadn't been able to wear before - happiness!  Got to Iris and Joe's.  Joe didn't feel well and wasn't gonna go with us - happiness!  (Not happy that he was sick, just that he wasn't going.  I have come to figure out that although I love them both, I love them more separately.)  Hit several garage sales and got lots of great stuff.  I found a damaged fall like wreath that I figured I could fix and add to.  Then, at different sales, I found a bunch of things to add to the wreath - happiness!  That is my project for today.

There was a recipe for potential disaster, however, and I held my breath until it was over.  Two weeks ago, Iris went to a garage sale and bought a set of sheets.  Got them home and there were two fitted sheets.  No flat sheet.  No pilllow cases.  We have heard about it every day since then.  When we got in my car she had a plastic bag.  I asked her what was in there.  "It's my two fitted sheets that I spent $2.00 on that I can't do anything with."

"Why are you bringing them with you today?"

"That lady is having another sale today and I want my $2.00 back."

CRAP.   Really????  On my watch?  Alone?

So we went to the sale and I stayed as far away from the "situation" as possible.  Pretended we weren't together.  I guess if things had turned physical, a brawl or something, I may have stepped in.  A minute later, Iris walked away with a beautiful white bedspread that had been marked $10.00.  She had a shit eating grin on her face.  The lady let her have it.  Problem resolved.  What a shyster!

We stopped at Robin's store a few times to rub it in how much fun we were having - happiness!  Then we hit a couple thrift stores and I found a brand new pair of MUDD clogs that I just love - happiness!  Iris wanted to take me to lunch and it was 1:15.  I suggested that we wait til 2:00 so Robin could come.  Stopped by her store to tell her and she said she didn't wanted to go to lunch with her mom, that we'd made plans to go to Asheville, which we had.  So I took Iris home and helped her sneak all her crap in to the house.  Joe was out cold on the couch, so she was lucky.  She'd gotten a lot of things that would have definitely gotten  her in trouble.  Three purses to mention a few.  She only has about 147 purses.

Got home and didn't even go inside.  Hopped in Robin's car and headed for Asheville!  We have been wanting to try a restaurant called  "Mellow Mushroom".  We did and we now have a new favorite place!  Then we discovered there was a gay pride festival going on.  Walked through that.  Not terribly impressed.  Lotsa Lady GaGa-esque stuff going on.  But it was something different.

Got home and just as I got snuggled in to my winter PJ's and made a cocktail, the phone rang.  Backing up a little...I have applied for every job imaginable around here.  I need something - anything - to bring some money in until the right job comes along.  The only places I have not applied for are restaurants and fast food places.   I have also not applied as a cleaning lady at hotels.  So the phone rang - 7:30 on a Saturday night - it was a lady from "Harris Teeter".  I have an interview tomorrow at 5:00.  "Harris Teeter" is an upscale grocery store.  I'd say it's a bit higher class than Publix, but not as nice as "Fresh Market".  I would be very happy working there until something "real" comes along.  The job comes with benefits and everything - even a 401K.  Not sure I'll get the job.  Don't even know what the job entails, but it's something - happiness!

Today is gonna be another good day.  I've lost 8 pounds!  It's 48 degrees!  I'm gonna do the treadmill, make a big batch of chilli, do some laundry and housework, and work on my new wreath - happiness!

OH!!

One of the highlights from yesterday...Iris took me to an organic co-op grocery store place where everything is, well, organic.  A lady handed out pieces of soap.  We each took a piece that was about a one and a half inch square.  It was a light peach color.  It looked like it could have been candy.  Iris suggested I take it home and tell Robin to taste it.  So later, Robin was on the phone with someone and I tossed it on the table.  I said, "Here.  You have to taste this.  It's mango (her fave) fudge.  You're gonna die."  She didn't respond, so I figured I'd try again later.  10 seconds later, while still on the phone, "What the hell IS this?"

I thinked I peed a little laughing.  What an ass.

No comments: