Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So cliche, yet so true.

Life is short.  Make time for friends and family.

I learned that a friend of mine passed away a couple of days ago from a fast aggressive cancer.  Sucks.

Her name was Andrea and she was a little bit older than me.  I worked with her nieces for years at the law firm in Miami.  They used to tell me how much I would like their aunt, that we had a lot in common. 

I finally met her in March of last year, right around the time that I was positive that I was going to be on
"The Biggest Loser".   She always called me "Hollywood" because of it.  So genuinely supportive and excited for me!

We did have a lot in common, but most of all, as shallow as it sounds, our love of tanning!  I know I have an unusual obesession with tanning, and she did too.  We always talked about going to the beach together and just sit there all day long.  We never did and I regret that so much.  Wish I had that memory of Andrea. 

I'll miss you, Andrea.  Rest in peace and I hope you're forever in sunshine.

No comments: