Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall!!!



Robin and I were both off work yesterday and didn't have any plans.  We got in the car, ate breakfast at "Carolina Diner" and headed for a pumpkin patch.  We keep driving and wound up in Lake Lure.  We stopped and took a bunch of pictures along the way.  Perfectly beautiful day!  We stopped at a cider mill, pictured above.  Cute place, but the lady was a whack job.  Kept thanking us for coming in.  Robin had never had cider before and after her free sample, she became a fan.  Bought a gallon.  "Treat it like milk", the lady said.  I'll assume she meant keep it refrigerated and use it within a week, but maybe she meant for us to put it in coffee or have it with a PBJ.

Taking all these pictures reminds me of when we first moved to Florida from Upstate New York.  I have so many pictures of the beach and seagulls and palm trees and sunrises.  Too bad most of them are from 1983.  I suppose the novelty does wear off after a while,  but that may not necessarily be true.  The beach certainly changes.  Sometimes it's calm and serene.  Other times it's rough and ominous.  I know each fall will be beautiful with the changing leaves and each fall will be different.  One thing is certain....I love the ocean and I love autumn in North Carolina.

Robin went to work at 8 this morning.  I go in at 2.  Won't see each other until 9 tonight.  This is an adjustment for us.  I baked her a Halloween Cake as a surprise.  Think I'll leave a note "Eat with Cider".

Oh!  I did hear back from an agency.  They want to see more of my work.  I googled them and am not sure if they're legit.  Will see what Robin thinks before I respond.  There was some commentary about them being a bogus company.    We'll see.

Gotta go check on that cake.

No comments: