Friday, October 1, 2010

Two little things that make me so happy!

We went to a church sale this morning and I bought something I'd never seen before...a scarf with hand warmers on the ends!!!!  It is so cool!!  I'm sure most of the people who live outside of Florida are familiar with these things, but I am so thrilled!   I want more, in different colors, so if you want to hook me up, let me know.

We were half way to Target.  We have not been to Target since we moved here two months ago.  Walmart yes.  Kmart yes.  But Target is a little further away, so we have stayed away.  But I have wanted to go there for about a week.  As you know, I must watch "Sex and the City" while doing the treadmill.  (BTW, I hit the 'mill 20 out of 30 days in September!).  The DVD player/remote thing is messed up.  It only allows me the watch the first show on each disc.  It's a little annoying.  I have turned this house upside down looking for my SATC movie.  It's gone.  So I have rummaged through the $5 DVD bins at the grocery stores, Walmart and Kmart.  Couldn't find a copy. 

I know Target had them in Miami, but that was months ago.  Still, I figured they may have it.  Afterall, it's Target.  Target never disappoints.  Besides, it's right next door to Best Buy and they'd have it for sure.

Walking in to Target was bitter sweet.  It was exciting and sad at the same time.  Back in the day, Robin and I would each grab a cart and split up.  We'd get whatever we wanted.  I always got PJ's and dog food and soda and makeup.  She always wound up in electronics.

Today was different.  We walked through the doors and right by the carts.  We walked straight toward the DVD's without stopping.  Luckily, Target came through!  I paid for my movie and we immediately left the store, $9.00 later. 

We were both quiet on the way home.  There was no rush associated with shopping.  On the other hand, there was no guilt associated with shopping either.

I told Robin that this tightness with money is only temporary and I do know that.  I feel lucky that I was even able to buy the movie.  As long as the pet cabinet is full of cat and dog food,  we are doing great!!

Off to apply for some more online jobs...starting with Target.  Had a promising interview at a law firm day before yesterday.  Haven't heard back.  I have a positive attitude, though, and my chin is held as highly as ever.  Something good is just around the corner.  I know it!

No comments: