Sunday, October 24, 2010

The maze was not amazing.

But we had a good time anyway.  The ride there was scarier than the maze thanks to our whackadoodle driver, Wally, who by the way, reads this blog and hasn't signed up to be a follower.  He drives like a bat outta hell.  The full moon was beautiful and we took turns scaring each other other in the cornfield.  We stopped at a pub afterward and had fun people watching.  It wasn't our normal Saturday night place, but the band was decent.  As we were leaving, a girl was telling Robin that the best way to see the best leaves was to go on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Robin told her that I refuse, which I do.  The girl asked me why and I told her that I'm afraid of going off the side, which I am.  Her response?  "Don't be afraid.  A tree would probably save ya."  That's comforting.

After I started typing this, Iris called.  "I'd like to invite you and Robin out for dinner."  I told her that I work tonight from five til nine, but Robin would probably like to go.  She very nicely offered to bring me home a takeout order.  Thanked her and told her it wasn't necessary.  Then I called Robin and told her that her mother was gonna invite her for dinner.  "I'm not going."    I told her that that would hurt her feelings, she whined about enjoying her alone time, I nagged her that she should go, she whined some more, then finally asked, "What's she making?".  The second I told her that she wants to take her out, she said, "OK.  I'll go".

I googled the lady "who wasn't drawn in" by my work.  In doing so, I found a ton of other places to send my stuff.  So in between cashiering, that'll keep me going.

Treadmill time.

No comments: