Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm doing it again.....

Since I began sending out queries (to those NOT familiar with the literary world, please allow me...a query is  an inquiry from a writer to an editor of a magazine, newspaper, etc., regarding the acceptability of or interest in an idea for an article, news story, or the like: usually presented in the form of a letter that outlines or describes the projected piece), I have been incessantly checking my e-mail like a mental patient.

The intelligent (shut up) part of my brain knows that this is just the beginning of an uphill battle.  A very long uphill battle.  You don't just approach a few agents and get discovered overnight.  But the emotional part of me thinks it could happen.

This has all the makings for a repeat of March through April of 2009...when I just KNEW I was going to be on "The Biggest Loser".  Everywhere I went, and I do mean everywhere, I was convinced that Bob and/or Jillian were going to jump out from behind something to tell me I'd made the show.  I remember fluffing my hair once right before stepping out of a tanning booth.  Not the salon, the actual tanning booth.  Only difference is that now I am trying to lose weight, not gain it.  Actaully still trying to lose the weight that I gained while waiting to hear back from TBL.  The call that I never got.  Bastards.

I am going to control  it this time.  I can't put myself or Robin through what I did last year.   Or at least I will keep the crazy to myself.  She doesn't know why, when I was on my treadmill this morning and I heard an email come in, I demanded she check it.  It was a friend from Miami commenting on my Facebook page that Miami is another planet.  I had to reschedule a MD appointment and call the pharmacy to get some medication filled earlier.  "No problem, Miss Frasier."  The politeness caught me off guard.

Today was a great day for a nap.  Robin is still sleeping, so I ran down here.  The whole time I was thinking positive thoughts.  Gonna get a really good email!  Put my glasses on, pulled up my chair, took a deep breath, think I smiled a little.  And there was good news.  Just not about me.  My friend's husband has an interview to be on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"!!!   That actually is good news for me.  If he wins a bunch of money, she came make plans for a NC visit!

No comments: