Monday, October 11, 2010

I spent quite a few years in the closet and am so GLAD (Get it? Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders!) to be out!

Today is National Coming Out Day.  The following link circulated around Facebook.  Not all  my blog people are FB people and vice versa.  Just wanted to share.


Kim Frasier is a lesbian and today is National Coming Out Day. I'm coming out for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality because it's 2010 and only five states plus DC recognize that love, not gender, is what matters in a marriage. Donate your status and join me by clicking here: http://bit.ly/aIKzw7.




Kim Frasier wrote "I am so not a political person, but this obviously hits home with me. I don't care if gays can't "get married". To me, that's a matter of semantics. But for the love of God, let us have civil unions, ceremonies, whatever you want to call it, to allow us the same civil rights as married couples. Basic rights, like being on each others' health insurance, being considered family in hospital situations, having the right to adopt children, etc. Who will these rights harm? Really?"

No comments: