Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday night alone...

Robin went to work at 4:00 p.m. today.  Since she left, (it's now 6:10), I did the treadmill (yay for me - normally if I don't hit the 'mill by noon, I ain't gonna hit it), started a load of laundry, fed all the heathens, sent out a few more query letters, and received a few more rejection letters.  She heard back from a promising job interview from last week - didn't work out - wasn't meant to be.  We had a dreary, kinda blue day.  She has the next two days off and I hope we can go on a hike.

Other than finishing up the laundry and sweeping for the umpteenth time today, I plan on watching the "Millionaire MatchMaker" marathon on Bravo.  I never saw any of the shows, but saw her, Patti (pictured above), on something else and thought I'd give the show a try.  She is actually quite funny.  Typical looks are deceiving concept...don't like her look, but I think I'll like the show.  She seems to be a little wise assy. 

My first day on the job yesterday was OK.  They force the new hires to sit in a small room alone and watch the  video equivalent of an employee handbook  for two and a half days.  And you have to pay attention because there are tests.  I didn't pass the first one because, quite honestly, I hadn't been paying attention and missed the part about being quizzed.  I got 100% on the quiz about alcohol, go figure, and Delores said most people don't pass that one.  Again, go figure. 

Stopped by Robin's store on the way home from my store.  They'd just had an attempted robbery.  Guy came in with a gun, yada yada yada.  Typical convenience store stuff.

I desperately want/need a "real" full time job, but I want that moreso for Robin.  Not only for obvious safety reasons, but because she needs it for psychological, emotional and physical reasons.   

Dogs are going nuts about something...gotta run.

No comments: