Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hawaiian Tropic! This stuff works!!!!


You'd think that with both of us being unemployed, the weekends wouldn't seem so special. Wrong.

Even when I was working at Harris Teeter and had to go in on Saturday and/or Sunday, the weekends always were, well, the weekends. Something about those two "S" days.

We are so on a budget and things are stressful in the financial arena right now, but at least we are getting call backs and have some interviews this upcoming week. May have to take jobs as temps, but so be it. We both are maintaining positive attitudes. Something really good is right around the corner for both of us.

Yesterday morning while I was on the treadmill, a friend called and asked us to go spend the day with her and her husband. We drove to a few nearby towns here in the mountains. Autumn gets a lot of hype around here, but spring is awesome too. Things are sprouting up all over the place. Color is abundant and everything just smells fresh.

Today was family day. Family day after the treadmill, chores and errands. I put together a very well and thoughtfully planned out grocery list and sent Robin to Harris Teeter. We are not currently loyal to any one grocery store because time allows us to shop for deals. HT had my favorite deal...buy one, get TWO chicken breasts. Also had dog food on sale and I had matching coupons. Normally, I don't trust Robin to go to the grocery store alone. She tends to impulse buy and doesn't always get what I've written down. So after a quick grocery list tutorial, I sent her on her way. Don't worry. She had strict instructions for me too. Something like, "Your ass better be on that treadmill when I get home and not Facebook".

I did the treadmill (Day IV in a row, thank you) and she came home. I was so proud of her! Got everything on the list, nothing more, nothing less. She spent $56 and saved $77. Good job!

We then had a picnic in the back yard and played with the heathens for about four hours. OK, sure the sun was out and my face automatically turns up to it like a sunflower, but it was a fun day outside. Every time I felt on the brink of being warm to getting hot, a slight breeze came over me. Perfection.

Brady got a lot of ball time in and he had to make a big boy decision at one point. Our very nice neighbor to the right surfaced at around 2:00 at the fence. Heard the dogs go wild and turned to see Brady trying to decide how he was gonna eat that biscuit with a ball in his mouth. No surprise, he managed.

Our house is up off the road on a hill. The backyard is up on yet another hill. I don't have a lounge chair yet and in order to get sun on my back, I have to lie on the ground. Wait! Don't feel sorry for me! It's very very comfortable. I wait until the angle of the sun is just right and lie on the hill and it's great! Well, it was great until Brady learned a new way to entertain himself. He takes his ball, plops it on my butt, it rolls down the back of me onto the grass, down the hill and he retrieves it. Repeat. For 30 minutes.

Then there's Buddy. Every time I get out of my chair, he snatches it. Same with my beach towel. He's always been a sun worshipper. Wonder who he takes after?

Baxter spent much of the day meditating. Nothing new there.

Bodi and Maxx have to take turns being outside with us. Maxx pretty much sits in the back corner waiting for treats. Bodi has to be on a chain or she'll jump the fence. She stuck pretty close to me all day. She also enjoyed a few rolls in whatever it was she found to roll in.

Having chili dogs for dinner and plan on watching some tivo'd TV. And laundry. Doing laundry, not watching laundry. (Although, you do kinda keep an eye on it when you're doing laundry, so does that constitute watching it too? Dunno.)

Crazy dogs and chili dogs. Ahhhh...the simple life.

Oh, and guess who just jumped in my chair?

No comments: