Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Favorite Place!

We went to Asheville again today for Robin's second interview.  She got the job, but it's not official.  Until it is official, she won't relax.  If Robin ain't relaxed, ain't nobody relaxed.

I waited in the car for her and played around with her GPS.  I had never really even touched it before and it was a good way to entertain myself while I waited.

She had mentioned something about craving Bar-B-Q after the interview and I stumbled upon "12 Bones Smokehouse".  Not knowing very much about Asheville, I had no idea where the place was.  All I knew was that it was 3.3 miles from where we were. 

She got in the car, and I asked how it had gone.  She began talking, second guessing everything and basically said she she's not sure, but she thinks she got it. 

She will stress over this entire situation until she is actually standing in front of a room full of murderers before it finally sinks in.  "I got the job!"

I started driving and we were in parts of Asheville that we'd never been in.  All of Asheville has a very cool, very Greenwich Village feel about it.  We love Asheville!!  The restaurant is in the "River Arts District".  Like much of the city, it had a hippy and seedy vibe.  The restaurant was absolutely nothing to look at.  It's a chilly, gray and rainy day here.  We pulled up to the side of the building, talking about whether or not we should leave.  We got out and by the time we reached the front, we knew we were right in staying.  The line was maybe 15-20 people long!  On a Tuesday afternoon, in the rain.

BAR-B-Q is not my favorite food, but this was out of this world!  My favorite was the smoked potato salad.

Another thing that stands out about Asheville is that everyone looks like they just stepped out of an "L.L.Bean" catalogue.  People are always very outdoorsy looking.  There are supposedly a lot of gay women here.  Not sure of the percentage, but they all look it.  I know that's not very PC, but it happens to be true. 

Robin's style of dressing is more blendable than mine.  I stick out like a sore thumb sometimes, especially today.  Everyone was dressed in gray and brown and black.  They all looked like they'd just gotten done fly fishing.  Not me.  I had on a white tee shirt with pastel flip flops on the top.  At least I didn't get any Bar-B-Q sauce on it.   

No comments: