Thursday, April 14, 2011

I've had a great birthday!

Between all the Facebook comments, emails, cards, phonecalls and Robin's great planning, I can say without a doubt, I am one lucky girl!!

The day started with a trip to Wally World.  We got new beach chairs, a new cooler, things to go in the cooler and suntan oil.  0% SPF ~ the only way I roll.  We're ready for the beach!!

Arrived at "our" beach at around 11:30.  This place is open 04/01 through 10/31.  It's $5.00 per car per trip or $30.00 for a season pass.  Since we've been there three times this week, we opted to buy the pass today.

It was a beautiful, albeit slightly chilly, day.  I got a ton of sun.  Robin didn't because she was "freezing" and didn't reveal any skin.  Got a big kick out of the goose trying to steal her Funions!

We got home and I took Bodi for a walk.  Robin came chasing after me, telling me to come inside.  She'd retrieved our voicemail messages.  Long story short - I have a job interview at an eye care place tomorrow at 9:00.  Part of me really wants to work for a vet, but that would be very sad on occasion and I would wind up bringing animals home.  A doctor's office would be good, but, ew, GERMS.  An eye doctor?  How bad could that be?  I'm definitely excited about it!  Plus, I am blind as a bat and maybe could work a deal.  "Must be neat, kind and professional" - I can so fake it til I make it.

Checked my email and mail.  Got two poems that I have to share.  The sender of one must remain anonymous and the other is from Iris and Joe, who, BTW, come back on April 30th.

From I and J:

Oh vey, what to get Kim for her special day?
A years supply of gelfilte fish?
A new pink casserole dish?
Some big fluffy matzo balls for her to eat?
A truck load of halavah cause she's so sweet?
That would be neat!
Forty-six pounds of bagels and lox?
So we tried to think outside the box.
Hope you enjoy the gelt ($$$) whatever you do.
And always remember, we think the world of you.

(You're a good Jew!)

From Anonymous (this person has Ipad envy BAD):

You've reached the age of 46,
And now you're living in the sticks.
A tiny town that ends in "ville",
A house that sits atop a hill.

Whoever thought you'd see Lake Lure?
Or Pisgah Forest, clean and pure,
So 46 is not so bad,
Just hold on tight to your iPad!

Enjoy your day and have some fun,
Basking in the lakeside sun,
Watching creatures procreate,
Then Smoky Bones upon your plate!

Thanks to all of you who made this day so great for me!!  The perfect ending to a perfect day would be to say Buh Bye to Jacob on "American Idol".

No comments: