Thursday, April 28, 2011

Another Day in Paradise.

Craigslist.  Laundry.  Phonecall to a friend who lives in AL to make sure she's still alive - she is.  Floors.   Craigslist.  Treadmill.  Grocery Store.  Stopped by Iris and Joe's to make sure that the one plant we were supposed to be taking care was still alive - it was.   Craigslist.  Lentil Soup.  Waiting for Robin.  Blog.  Craigslist.

I could so easily spend these days alone in front of the TV.  But I made a promise to myself to not have it on after the morning news.  Have been very good about that "rule".  Until today.  Last Friday night, there was a show called "Girls Night Out".  It was a tribute to female country stars.  I tivo'd it.   I hadn't watched yet and today I rationalized having it on because it's music based.  I wouldn't be sitting there watching it.  It's music.  I'd stay busy and just listen as I did stuff.

Then I realized that I had to watch.  I like Reba.  Don't care much for Rascal Flatts.   Really like Jennifer Nettles.  But when they announced that Ronnie Dunn was coming up, I had to watch.  I do not know where this love of him came from all of a sudden.  He is not good looking (like that matters) and he actually looked like a drunk homeless person singing one of Jennifer Nettles' song ("Stay").  It was awesome!  Then the rest of the show got really good.  Wynonna (LOVE HER) sang "Proud Mary"  with John Fogerty.  Of course that mother of hers flitted around while Wy nailed it.  Some other people sang and I really really enjoyed the show.  Only watched it once, but I've had it on all day.  Robin is so happy not to be here.

I like Carrie Underwood, even though I wanted Bo to win American Idol when it was down to the two of them.  Loved Bo and even called in and voted for him.  Haven't allowed myself to love Carrie all these years, but I think it may be time to let go of the sour grapes attitude.   In addition to being an extraordinarily talented singer, she seems to be a good person.  There's never any negative talk about her and she loves animals.  She's a stiff performer, but that's not reason enough not to love her.  On this show I watched, she sang "How Great Thou Art" and it was one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen. 

After a while, I turned on last night's "American Idol".  Since I watched it live last night, I just wanted to listen to see if I missed anything.  I did not.  James blew everyone else out of the water.  Period.

Being almost done with my "chores" (always feel like Laura Ingalls when I use that term.  "Yes, Paw.  I milked the cows"), I decided to see if I could download that version of Carrie singing that song.  Got side tracked.

I have said more than once that there should be an "American Idol" show where they show all the season winners during their audtions.  Well when googling Carrie Underwood, there it was.  Her audition.  So then I had to google other winners.  I'm doing this the whole time that "Idol" is on in the background.

Then it dawned on me!  I wanna be a judge on "American Idol"!!!

My mom and Nelson called me this afternoon.  I guess while I was on the treadmill or in the shower, Robin called.  Looked at the phones, and she called seven time in five minutes.  What a psycho!  When she didn't reach me, she called my mom in a tizzy.  So my mom called me, "Are you OK?  Is everything OK?"  "Uh?  Yeahhhhhh.  Why?"

As usual, since they were in the car, I was on the GD bluetooth.  The conversation was, uh, raunchy, but I am not allowed to speak of it.  Half way through, I said, "This is going on my blog" and my mother reminded me that I have not gotten that laptop yet and it's not too late to cancel the order.  Which, by the way, the computer will be delivered between May 2nd and June 2nd.  Talk about CYA.

We talked about the perfection that is Robin's job.  They insist that I, too, will find something equally as perfect for myself.  Doubt it.  Can't even imagine a job that I would love, unless it involves writing.  I did think of something though.  I might enjoy working on the other side of workers' compensation.  Like in risk management for the employer.  I would love to harass the adjusters and attorneys.  Doubt there's much of an opportunity for anything like that here.  Meanwhile, I just keep applying online.   Tedious.

Robin's due home momentarily.  Need to go and act like I haven't been watching TV or on the computer all day.

Oh and the TV rule is definitely going to be broken tomorrow.  Little wedding on I wanna check out.

No comments: