Wednesday, April 20, 2011

HALLELUJAH!!!!! And thank you, God!!!!!

Most of you have heard by now, Robin landed an excellent job!  It is an executive position with Goodwill Industries in their "Project Re-entry" program.  She will basically go into prisons and teach criminals how to assimilate into society upon their release.  She'll be in charge of their case files and place them in jobs and housing.  I hope she doesn't bring home any stray murderers.

It is such a perfect position for her.  Not everybody could do this job and Goodwill knows what they have in her.  So much so, they are paying her 20% more than what was initially discussed.  Her legal background, her smartness, wise assness, ability to see through BS, quick wit, fast on her feet, compassion, sensitivity, ability to be a hard ass when necessary and so many other qualities are the exact tools that will be needed to teach hardcore criminals.  She is not easily intimidated.  She is also a very patient teacher.  She always comes across as real and down to earth.  She is comfortable when speaking with a judge and will be equally comfortable in dealing with future ex-cons.  I am looking forward to the stories!  I think this job will be very rewarding for her and very interesting.

We found out she got the job yesterday.  The day before yesterday, I had a tough day.  Was very stressed out about our job situation, money, and the fact that what I swore wouldn't happen, happened.  I have gained ten pounds since quitting Harris Teeter.  I am doing the treadmill almost daily, but I guess I am eating out of boredom.

So I woke up yesterday and before I got out of bed, I had a pep talk with myself.  We are addicted to the "Real Housewives  of _________" (any city - love them all).  Gretchen from O.C. has been nagging her boyfriend to lose weight.  She finally came out and said that she was tired of his whining about being fat, so quit eating the things that are making him fatter.  Hit me like a brick.  I made up my mind that certain things are out of my control, but losing weight is not one of them.  I know there's a great job out there for me and in the meantime, I will focus on myself. 

It's going to be very strange having Robin go to work five days a week.  We spend so much time together right now, 24/7.  I will definitely miss her.  But I will use the time to take better care of myself, work out more and cook healthy great meals. 

Hey!  By the time all is said and done, maybe I could be a "real housewife"!!!

No comments: