Friday, April 15, 2011

And the celebration continues!!!


Just woke up from a nap to find Robin drinking a pina colada and talking with Iris as to the benefits of signing up for AARP.

Annual pass to Lake Powhatan - $30.00
Two new beach chairs - $60.00
Robin signing up for AARP - well, you know...

I think she's tipsy.  She's now telling Iris how fantastic the chicken patties are that we got from "Sam's" and how she can't wait until they get here and that we'll take them to "Sam's" for cheaper gas.  

I just asked her, "Are you tipsy?".  Gave me a big thumbs up and a wide smile.

On her birthday, she drank two mudslides.  Other than that, I have never seen her even drink a beer.  Once in a while, maybe an ounce of the Jewish wine that tastes like grapejuice.  Asked her where the pina colada stuff is and where she got it.  She went out earlier to buy a book and swung by ABC.  Just looked at the bottle.  It's a mix that she mixed with Diet Dr. Pepper.  Mmmm.

Oh, was just informed that it's her second drink.  I started typing (on the laptop, on the couch) to write this and she slapped my leg, telling me to listen to her. 

An abusive drunk.   Great.

Now she insists on doing the bills and can't recall if she has Progressive or GEICO.  Insisted she has GEICO.  She insisted it's the one with that Flo girl.

Now she's singing a song she made up to the Polish words, "coo coo ni munjo".  The words mean, "what's it like to be crazy?", and Joe says them to Iris all the time. 

Oy to the vey. 

"Oh, I do have GEICO."

And yes, it just dawned on me...I'm the one napping in the afternoon, and she's the one drinking pina coladas? Who is the AARP-ee?

In my own defense, I went to bed late (for me) and had to get up early for an interview. I sound like a broken record, but I really want this job. More on that if it actually comes to fruition.

No comments: