Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting some stuff done. And made a new BFF to boot!

There is one work day left before Robin starts her job.  As a result, we spent the entire day doing things we'd been putting off.  Things like taking my computer (have been using hers since around December) in to see if it can be saved.   Waiting to hear back.

Also, I have not had a cell phone since around December too.  Well, I've had one, but didn't want to pay to have it turned on.  It's not that I didn't want to, but well, you know...not gonna cry poor mouth.  Robin insisted that I get it turned on.  We went today and I actually got an upgraded phone for free (after rebate).  We really hit it off with the sales girl.  She totally didn't want us to leave - said we made her day.  Told us all about her husband and dog and the three of us laughed a lot.  As we were leaving, Robin wrote down my blog info and told her she should read it.

We came home and I charged my old phone.  Once charged, we went back to the phone place to have her switch everything from the old phone to the new phone.  We walked in and there were dozens of people (3) laughing hysterically (snickering) at something on the computer.  They were reading my blog!!!

That was pretty cool.

Oh...and phone store girl?  Yes I remember your name, just trying to protect your identity.  We are sooooo gonna have to do lunch when Robin starts working across the street from you.  It'll be week after next.  We'll call you.  Say hi to Sam.

Tomorrow I have to get AAA (that's Triple A, not AA, thank you very little) out here to jump my car again.  This is the fourth time.  I tend to never drive it and the battery goes dead.  My mother gave me the best advice a mother could possibly give her daughter.  "You need to drive your car, even if it's just around the block.  And with nothing on."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats great! It was good meeting you guys too had a blast!