Friday, November 19, 2010

Lounging day turned productive...

When Robin wasn't up by 10:30 and I was still in my PJ's, I figured it'd be a good day just to lounge around the house. Maybe I'd get dressed, maybe I wouldn't. When Little Miss Sunshine finally arose at 11-ish, I suggested the lazy day idea to Robin. "Can't", she said, "Iris is making us get flu shots".

This one really needs to be blamed on my own mother. Every day she was here, she tried to make us go and get shots. We always got around it, but the morning she left, I overheard her and Iris on the phone. Since we didn't do it when my mom was here, she passed the flu shot baton on to Iris. So as one of the loose ends Iris and Joe have to tie up before they leave on Monday, flu shots it was.

We got to their house and they insisted we come in. Joe gave me their house key. Doesn't trust Robin. Iris gave us plant watering instructions. Said they're turning the water off, but there's a gallon of water in the kitchen. Told us to bring some from home when it runs out. Robin told her, "Thanks for telling us that. We never would have thought of that on our own."

Joe, in his usual fashion, kept interrupting. Finally Iris lost it and said, "Joe, if you don't stop interrupting, I'm gonna tie you up in the friggen closet.".   Didn't stop him.

In the meantime, I handled some well overdue banking business and switched over my car insurance. Premium is HALF of what I paid in Miami!!!!

Once updated on how to handle their household while they are out of town and given everything from their pantry and frig, we piled in my car to go get the shots. Joe always sits in front with me and gives directions. This town is not very big and I'm pretty sure I know my way around. We get in the store and the pharmacist's name is Dick. Iris had something to say about that. Then something was said about it just being a little prick and this sent her into hysterics. We all had on long sleeves and had to roll them up. Except for, you guessed it, Iris. She practically took her shirt off, flirting with Dick the whole time.

They insisted on taking us to dinner at 4:00. On the way to drop them off, something was said about a plant...kudzu. I didn't believe it was a plant because they are always trying to mess with me with dirty Yiddish words. I thought it meant the female body part. So for the rest of the way home, Joe did a Charo impression, "Coochie coochie. Coochie coochie."

Just got home and Iris called. "Did you girls remember your sunglasses from the restaurant?"

With all their craziness, bossiness and micromanaging, I really will miss them.

No comments: