Thursday, November 11, 2010

This job

I mean it when I say God only knows how I made it through yesterday at work. I went in feeling as though I'd been hit by a car. The store is so busy - there are no lulls. In addition to the physical demands, I am constantly thirsty. I am used to drinking something, usually water, ALL the time. Not allowed anything at the register. Toward the end of my shift I find myself wanting to kill the customers who are buying drinks.

Speaking of drinks...12 packs of soda are always on sale and they are a pain in the ass to ring up. That and the turkeys. I swear by the time the holidays are over, I will have Michelle Obama arms. Obamarms.

I am constantly exhausted and totally worn out. Oh and I want to reinvent the shopping cart. The store is different from most stores. At Publix, the shopper unloads the cart. At HT, the cashier has to do it. The bottom of the basket is slightly tilted toward the customer. That means all the stuff rolls down and I have to reach for it. Bad design. I told Delores about it and she laughed. Then I asked her who in needed to call to redesign these carts. Again, she laughed. I wasn't joking.

I don't know where you shop. But if it's a place where the cashier unloads the cart, watch how physically demanding the job is. It really is.

Having said all that.....I'VE LOST TEN POUNDS since my mom left on Saturday!!! I totally factor in the fact that I am basically working out all day as a major fringe benefit.

No comments: