Saturday, November 27, 2010

Decorating in the COLD!!!

It was 30 degrees here this morning!   I HAVE to get a coat.  Not another hoodie.  Not a jacket.  A coat coat.  I have a beautiful long navy hand me down from my mother that would fit if I lost 20 pounds (story of my life) but I can't wait that long.  I need a coat like yesterday.

Having said that, we are getting our Christmas tree today!   My tree has always been my favorite part of the holiday.  When we needed to evacuate in Florida due to hurricanes, I always took my special bin of ornaments.  I survived 27 Christmas' in Florida and my tree is super beachy-esque.  Think we will be adding a few new NC ornaments this year.  Like a bear.  They're big around here.  Oh ~~ maybe I can find a goat ornament!  That'd look cute next to my manatees and FL Santas.

I worked on Thanksgiving until noon.  Robin and I were going to skip Turkey Day, but the day before, along with all the other idiots, she went crazy and bought a turkey (whole turkey, not just a breast) and everything else.  We had a feastivus!!!  Today I will be trading in all my fall and Thanksgiving brown and orange decorations for all my red and green and tons of pink decorations.  Not having a fireplace, I will miss my mantel.  That's OK.  It's cold!  It's all about the trade off.

I worked Monday through Friday this past week and have the weekend off.  I feel like a person.  Last night was the tree lighting downtown.  It started at 5:00 and we were supposed to go.  Wound up not going because it was too cold.  Wouldn't have been too cold had I had a coat coat. 

I have got to get a coat.  I keep putting it off.  Seems like a waste of money.  Do I really need one?  It's not like I'm outside much.  House to car to work and home.  Maybe I can put it off until I lose that 20 pounds.

No comments: