Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So happy to be sick today. And tomorrow.

We have had A LOT of rain for the past 24 hours.  Flash flood warnings all over the place.  I got caught in it yesterday and haven't felt well since.  That's a picture of me in my HT uniform.  I had a friend take it and email it to me.  Could NOT get warm last night.  Robin said she could fry an egg on my forehead.  (I think she meant that because it was hot, not big.)

I am scheduled to be off tomorrow.   Follow up doctor appointment from Septemeber that I've canceled twice because I never went for lab work.  Still haven't gone for lab work.  The reason I am happy to not feel well today is because I was "on call" again.  Like a doctor.  No drinking before 11:00 a.m. for me on days like these.  See, the profession of being a cashier is a very important one and should be taken very seriously. When I called at 11:00 and was told I was not needed, I sighed a sigh of relief, changed my PJ's and settled in for the day.  It's still dark and pouring and is very cozy up in cheer.

But here's what (Andy Cohen, I know)...I watched the "TODAY"  show.  They have a segment called "Jill's Deals and Steals".  Had no expectations whatsoever, but OMG.  I found a perfect Christmas gift for Robin.  Originally was $135ish and they're selling for $25.00.  Talk about a steal and a deal!!!!  So excited because she is oh so hard to buy for.  Who knew about this Jill person?  I will be stalking her for sure.  Plus she was selling $89 teeth whitener for $10.  "Go Brite" - it's good stuff.  I know because, uh, a friend told me.  A friend with nice white teeth. 

PS:  I lied about changing into clean PJ's.

PSS:  I'm feeling better, but don't tell Robin.  Got a couple hours left of milking to do.

No comments: