Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day off...

Yesterday Robin and I had the day off together.  We had planned on playing it by ear...maybe go to Asheville, maybe take a hike, maybe have lunch at an outside cafe on Main Street.  Whatever.  The weather is gorgeous right now, highs reaching mid to upper 60's.  Figured we'd wake up and decide what to do.  The world was our oyster.

Wound up going to Walmart and stocking up on a bunch of Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones cuz we're too tired to cook any more.  The highlight of the trip was buying an egg crate mattress pad.  Since we are obviously wrecking our bodies (I mean getting in better shape), I don't feel guilty spurlging on the $17.00 pad.  We are doing much better managing our money.  It's simple.  You have less, you spend less.  The old impulsive me surfaced though.  There was a sock display.  Magical socks.  Had aloe in them.  $3.00 a pair.  What the hell.  Maybe they'd help when I'm working.  I also bought a "Burt's Bees" thing of cuticle cream.   Had a dollar off coupon, thank you.   (The job is also tough on my cuticles, but my nails are fine - WTH!) It looks just like the lip gloss.  Had some on my desk in Miami and I just loved it when the girls (Alex and her sister, Sarah) came and used it on their lips.   Ha ha - good times.  Well now the joke is on me because I can't get the damn thing open.

Our al fresco lunch plans turned into a visit to "Jack in the Box".  But we did sit outside, so that counts.  Splurged on the "Ultimate" and it was worth every one of those 20,000 calories.  Best burger I think I've ever had.  No lettuce, no tomato, no onion, no pickle.  Just burger and cheese, mayo, ketchup and mustard - they way a burger should be.  My lunch used up more than my daily allotment of Weight Watchers points, but I wasn't gonna stress over it.  I'd eat a light dinner.

Came home, put the matrress pad on.  Decided we'd better check it out.  Three hours later, after a long nap, we decided it was a good purchase.  An investment in our heath, if you will. 

Got up to find the heathens having a game of tug of war with my magical socks.  Although slimmy with dog saliva, I put them on.  Still have them on, in fact.  Have a feeling I was taken.  No magic here. 

My light dinner turned out to be another impulsive Walmart purchase.  A "Hormel" cheese and pepperoni and more cheese and salami and crackers platter.  It was inviting because everything was already cut up.  I was too tired to cut stuff up.  Very healthy eating day yesterday.

Robin works 7-4 today.  I go in at 4.  I have some projects that I could be doing right now, but I'm off tomorow.  Why do today what I can do tomorrow?

Just got a text from Robin..."Will you bring me a PBJ?"

Crap.  Now I have to get dressed and go out.  I'll make the most of it and grab a tan while I'm out.

No comments: