Sunday, November 21, 2010

Home from dinner with Iris and Joe.

They leave for Florida tomorrow for the winter.

Went to a new restaurant and the waitress asked us to be patient with her as it was her first day. We were seated in a booth, Robin and me across from Iris and Joe. Robin and Iris ordered Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Joe got the trout, and I ordered flounder. The waitress came back and every order was wrong, except for mine. So it all went back - mine, too, to keep it warm. No problem. We were all very nice to her, but I'm sure she cried a litte.

As we waited for the real dinners, Iris noticed a man staring at her. Of course we all looked and he was. Then Robin started in.

Robin: "He probably wants you to take your shirt off."

Iris: "That's OK."

Robin: "Would you take your shirt off and eat dinner for a million dollars?"

Iris: "Yes."

Robin to me: "Would you?"

Me: "Yes."

Robin to me: "Oh really? Would you sit here naked and eat for a million dollars?"

Joe: "No! Chest alone is one thing. Nothing lower."

Me to Joe: "Right."

Joe gave a quick stern nod as if to say, "Glad we're on the same page."   I acknowledged it with a purposeful blink.

Me to Robin: "Would you run naked through Walmart for 20 minutes for a million dollars?"

Iris: "I would!"

(Was asking Robin, not you, thanks.)

As Robin was deliberating, the older lady behind us popped her head between Robin's and mine.

Lady: "Excuse me, but I didn't mean to eavesdrop."

Oh shit. I keep forgetting we're in North Carolina now and people here are decent and nice.

Lady: "I think streaking through Walmart is a little too risky."

So then we had a nice conversation with the very conservative appearing couple about what we would and wouldn't do for money.

Our food came, it was great, and when we left and were outside, Robin stood outside their window and lifted her shirt. Joe, not seeing her because he was paying the bill, came out and did the same thing.

The good news is, they both had shirts on underneath. Or at least I hope so.

No comments: