Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To bag or not to bag...

I don't know which is worse...not having a bagger or having to bag the groceries myself.  My store has about four or five baggers.  They seem to appear when I have a customer with four or five items.  They all disappear when the major shoppers come around.  There is one bagger who I detest.  I'm sure he's a nice kid and all, but he has a problem with flatulence.  He's a chronic farter and quite honestly, I'd rather bag my own groceries, thank you.  I can't stand to see him coming around.

Then there's an old guy bagger.  Worked with him for the first time yesterday.  Don't know his history or how he wound up being a bagger, but he acts like he owns Harris Teeter.  I could not believe the way he was ordering me around yesterday.  Then a lady had a question about the price of the fancy bread she bought, customer service came over and adjusted the price, and when the transaction was over, this bagger told me how the customer service guy had handled it all wrong.  Then another person bought the same bread and the bagger told me to look at the receipt so he could show me what he meant.  I glanced at it, said I couldn't find it and he said, "Well you sold it, didn't you?"  The customer asked if there was a problem and he said, "No, I'm trying to teach her something."  OMG...who is this little old man?  I ignored him and went on the the next customer.  I am too old and too under paid to take shit from some old man bagger.  

I had a very attractive older lady come through.  She was classy and preppy.  Looked like she came from New England.  Had a Louis Vuitton purse.  I was shocked when she paid with food stamps.  I am also amazed that probably 50% of the people buying groceries pay with credit cards.  Not debit, credit.  Sign of the times, I suppose.

No comments: