Monday, November 29, 2010

This was my fault.

Hendersonville police seek man in connection with Harris Teeter robbery


Published: Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 4:30 a.m.

Last Modified: Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 10:51 a.m.

The Hendersonville Police Department responded to a call that an elderly woman was assaulted and robbed Friday outside Harris Teeter on Spartanburg Highway on Friday, according to a news release.


Police say they are looking for Matthew James Taylor, 23, of Hendersonville, in connection with the robbery.


He is 6 feet, 2 inches tall and about 150 pounds. He has short brown hair and blue eyes. He has a tattoo of a grenade on his right arm and a tattoo of flames on his back.


The thief was outside the store when an elderly female approached the entrance, the release says, adding that he assaulted the female and stole her purse. The suspect fled the scene in a dark-colored Ford truck, possibly an F250, with the words “Harley Davidson” on the side.


The woman was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition Friday night, after her injuries were treated, police said.

Anyone with information should contact the police department at 828-697-3042 or CrimeStoppers at 828-697-STOP.
       _______________________________________________

Last Friday a customer spent $121.47 on groceries and wrote a check for $20.00 over.  I acknowledged that she wanted cash back.  We began chatting about something and I completely forgot to give her the cash back.

Delores came up to me at the end of the day and said that the lady had called.  I remembered exactly the amount of the check (was way pleased with myself for that) and said that yeah, I could have forgotten to give her her money.

Delores said it wasn't a big deal.  No worries.

The above mentioned victim was my customer on the way into the store to get her $20.00.

It was on the news and in the paper.  I had no idea until I got to work at 8:00 and a coworker asked me if I'd heard about all the excitement.  He mentioned that a lady had been mugged on her way in.  And when he mentioned that she was coming in to get $20.00 that was due her, my heart sank.

I do feel horribly.  Gonna check with Delores first, but I want to call her.  Super nice older lady.

No comments: