Saturday, November 20, 2010

The dogs are driving me NUTS!!! Pun intended.

I am a big time animal lover, except for rats.  I am now starting to hate squirrels too.  And that makes sense, because as Carrie Bradshaw once said, squirrels are just rats in better outfits.  I hate them because they taunt my dogs on a daily basis, many times a day.  Front windows as well as back door.  The dogs go crazy barking and jumping and scratching and jumping over each other.  I can't take it any more.  Don't squirrels hibernate or something?  When?  I'd volunteer to help them find nuts just to send them on their way. 

I was trying to watch a movie before it's time to go sell turkeys to old people, but I decided to come downstairs, download some Beatle music (you can do that now - couldn't before the other day), and try to write something on my blog.

Um...the people look different here.  Men as well as women.  I wish I had a dollar for every time a customer said something about me looking like I just came from being on vacation.  There are many tanning salons in this small city, am I the only one who goes?  I did see a familiar type face the other day.  A lady looked liked she was visiting from Aventura.  For those who don't know, Aventura is a city lodged between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.  Every single woman there has had extensive facial (and probably other parts) plastic surgery.  This lady had big duck lips and her face was so tight, I had to resist the urge to try to bounce a nickel off it.

I lied to my nail tech today and I really have no idea why.  He asked me if I'm ready for Thanksgiving.  Rather than go into the whole thing about already having it when my mom was here, I said, "I guess so.  Never cooked for 25 people before, so it'll be interesting."  Then some yentas overheard and were like, "Oh my!  25 people?  How big of a turkey did you get?"  I lied again and said, "A 50 pound turkey."

Did they even have 50 pound turkeys?  I felt like a jack ass.  Probably will never see them again.  Until two Saturdays from now at 10:00.  Great.  This lie will go on forever. 

Naa na na na na na na na, hey jude.

That's it.  Gonna go beat the dogs.

No comments: