Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

It's been almost two weeks since I've blogged.

Highlights:

1)  Started awesome new job a week ago today.  The owners of "Paw Pleasers" are a married couple (Becky is 30/Patrick is 40) who live on the premises.  They provide doggy daycare, boarding and grooming.  The clientele is the best!  Each day I have a new favorite.  My current fave is an old black pug named Molly.  Also love the brother and sister boxers, Nick and Abby.  Then there's Sam the Saint Bernard.  OK ~ I tend to have more than one favorite.

2)  EVERYBODY, and I do mean everybody, thinks that their dog(s) is the best and the brightest.  Myself included.  I just happen to be right.

3)  Got to work on Wednesday and Patrick walked by me with something in his hand.  "How are you with mice?"  NOT GOOD.  Made it very clear to Patrick and Becky that I am petrified of any rodent and forwarned them that there will be screaming, loud screaming, should I come in contact with one. 

4)  Robin got paid on Friday.  If we were to deposit the check, it wouldn't clear until the day after the next business day, which would be day after tomorrow.  (Clear as mud, I know).  So we had to have Iris and Joe intervene.  That meant meeting them at the bank.  Since Robin worked on Friday and I didn't, I had to do the meeting.  Doesn't seem too daunting, right?  WRONG.  All he had to do was sign the check under Robin and cash it.  We've done this before, more than once.  Each time it takes a good half hour to explain to Joe why we need him to cash it, why we don't deposit it ourselves, yes, the bank will do it, no we don't bank at Wachovia, blah, blah, blah. 

5)  Iris came to the bank with a week's worth of newspapers that she thinks Robin reads.  They always go straight from the car to the recycling bin.  I don't have the heart to tell her.

6)  All last week, Robin kept saying things like, "I can't wait to have three days off with you.  Let's not make any plans with anyone.  I just wanna go to the lake."  Iris got to the bank and handed me the stack of newspapers.  While doing so, she said, "What time do you want to go to the Garden Jubilee tomorrow?"  AND  "Did Robin tell you you're coming over on Monday?  What do you like with your hot dogs?"  The entire time she was telling me about my weekend plans, Joe, with a scrunched up face, was asking, "Vhy do I cash your check?  Vhy you not cash at your bank?"  As punishment to Robin for making me deal with Joe, I went straight from getting the cash to tan and then to SteinMart for a new pair of shorts.  That'll teach her. 

7)  We did actually go to the Garden Jubilee, but when we called to tell Iris we were there, she was still in bed.  It was really a nice little festival ~ lots of plants, but so much more.   I love the festivals in this town.  So quaint.  Came home with a bunch of herbs and geraniums.  Decorated our porch as if it's another room.  Love it out there!  Even though we're experiencing very hot temperatures right now, it's cool out there in the morning and evening.  Iris and Joe made it to the festival later and Joe was aggravating Iris (can't imagine that).  So she planted (Get it?  Garden Jubilee?  Planted?) him on a bench and then ran into her "synogogue boyfriend" and they strolled arm in arm down Main Street.  He bought her an ice cream.  Oh!  And I got a really cute turtle necklace too.  Named it Ingrid.  See below.

8)  Emailed BFF Ingrid back and forth a little last week.  Found out she has two pet turtles.  Is it just me, or is it odd that a couple married for 20 something years, she's 45, he's 50, no kids at home, has two pet turtles?

9)  We did make it to the beach yesterday.  Very hot and very crowded.  The water is warming up and I can't help but think how many of the munchkins pee in the lake.   In addition to me.

10)  Today we are going to Iris and Joe's.  I made a macaroni salad and she'll serve hot dogs.  While I do realize the importance of this holiday, I tend to think of Memorial Day as being outside, grilling, paper plates, music, and if you're lucky, a pool.  We will be seated around their kitchen table, total silence, hot, with her fine china and silverware.

11)  There is a silver lining!  Iris and Joe live in a community with a pool and it opens today.  So we'll get some pool time in then go to their house for the "festivities".

12)  I've had over 20,000 hits on my blog!  Sure, 19,900 are from me, but still...

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Now you know you got fans. SMILE