Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do I look like a son-in-law? Or a newly released from jail person?

I told you the other day that Joe is redoing their guestroom floor.   He tore up the carpeting and apparently it was nasty and smelly.  So much so, that Iris refused to let him put it in her car to take to the dump.  This family names their cars.  Robin's car is "Talula", Iris' new ride is "Maggie May" and Joe was extra clever when he named his car "Jaggy."

Iris called last night and complained that they were arguing about whose car they wanted to dirty with the carpeting. 

"You can't put it in Maggie May, Joe.   We just had her detailed."

"Vell, it's not going in Jaggy."

I asked Robin who she thinks won that one and she dismissed me.

Got a phone around 10:00 this morning.  It was Robin.  "Iris and Joe can't find the dump.  Can you go over there and drive Maggie May to the dump?"

"Yeeeeeeesssssssss," said with an attitude and an eye roll.  Guess Joe won.

I got over there and Joe was standing in the driveway.  He opened my back door and told me to hold it open.  He then removed all the yuck carpeting and pad from Maggie May and put it in my car.

WTH?  What did my car do to deserve this honor?

He got in the car and announced, "To the dump."

I drove him to the dump, found our "station" and he wanted me to back up.  He got out and directed me.  "Come on.  Come on.  Come on.  STOP!!!!"   Jeeez.  A little warning would be nice. 

Finshed with them , then met Robin for a bite.  She had to go to Asheville and is dying for me to meet her boss, who by the way, is one of my Facebook friends.  My roots are awful and I was reluctant at first, but then agreed.

We walked into his office and she told him, "She's fresh out of prison and needs a lot of help.  Got out two days ago."

He shook my hand an congratulated me.  I told him thanks, then cracked up.

Robin said,  "Ass.  It's Kim."

To which he replied, "I thought I recognized her.  But I thought I'd remembered her from Swannanoa."

Swannanoa is a womens' prison somewhere around here.

Told my mother this story.  Her response?  "Just how bad are your roots?"

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I'm just nosy here but who are these people who put their nasty junk in your back seat when they won't put it in theirs, and why do they get to do that?