Friday, May 6, 2011

I knew I was gonna be in trouble...

With Robin about to complete her second week at her new job, I have found myself a little bored and lonely.  She and my mom have suggested that I get together with my friend, Tina.  Ironically, I ran into Tina at a gas station yesterday afternoon.   She was mad at her husband and told me she wanted to be anywhere but home.   So off we went.

We hit some thrift stores, a coffee shop and a couple store stores.  I found a really cute white and black NYC skyline tee shirt that I fell in love with.  They didn't have my size, but as we walked out, Tina handed me a bag.  She'd found it in my size and bought it as a belated birthday present.  Sweet!  Robin has to go out of town for two days next week and we made plans to go see "Something Borrowed".

As the afternoon turned into evening, I was aware of the time, but Tina had things she had to get done.  When we walked into Target, I noticed it was 6:00-ish.  Time to feed the heathens.  So they'd eat a little late.  Not the first time.  They'll live.  Tina dropped me off an hour later, and as I walked up the driveway, I knew I'd hear all about being late.  Buddy and Brady would jump around and bark their heads off.  Baxter and Maxx would circle me while yelling.  Bodi would just sit there looking at the dog food container, then looking at me.  I knew what to expect.

But I wasn't prepared.

The picture above is what I came home to.  Ever since Robin broke her leg and spent two months on the couch, she's kept a pillow on it.  A feather pillow.  It looked like the Black Swan AND the White Swan exploded in my house.  I'll be sweeping up feathers for a year.  Have filled three garbage bags so far.  It's not as easy as you'd think.  They tend to fly (pun intended) away as I try to put them in the garbage can. 

And today marks the two year anniversary of us bringing home the biggest bundle of joy in the world, Brady.

No comments: