Friday, November 14, 2008

Bailey & Buddy



As I mentioned earlier, today Bailey would have turned 13 years old. We lost her to cancer on 04/07/08 and I miss her every day. Not knowing Buddy's true date of birth, we celebrate his birthday today too.

Buddy is the sweetest and most sensitive dog I have ever known. He's also very quirky. In October of 1999, we had to put Spanky, my ten year old cocker spaniel to sleep. Bailey was 3 at the time and she was incredibly depressed. About a month later, while visiting some friends in the country, Buddy appeared out of nowhere. It was about as fateful a meeting as you can possibly get. We had just decided that it was time to get another dog for Bailey and there he was. My friend said he had been running around the area for quite some time. She wanted to feed him, but her husband wouldn't let her because they'd already taken in enough strays. I slapped my hand against my thigh, said, "Come here, Buddy", and that's all she wrote.

That's all I'm gonna write too cuz you're probably bored.

Ta ta

No comments: