Friday, January 22, 2010

Something very odd happened today.


I GOT TWO HOURS OF REALLY GOOD, FOCUSED, UNINTERRUPTED STUDYING IN!!

Robin had to go to a meeting at (deep scarey voice) "the building" and I decided to ride along. Figured we'd go to lunch and do some grocery shopping after. Besides, my flash cards hadn't arrived yet and in MY mind, what's the use of studying until they arrive? It's not like I plan on opening that awful book again. So I wrote a note to FedEx and asked them to leave my package. Just as we were leaving, they arrived. Cool! I guess.

On the way, she told me she head a coupla people to talk to. I told her to take her time, no problem. My phone was fully charged and I'd be just fine. Nice day out - not hot. Told her to take two hours if she needed to. (I so didn't mean that part.)

She got out of the car and I reached for my phone. Not there! I forgot it. OK, not the end of the world. I sat there watching the old people come and go. As truly fascinating as it is to watch 90 somethings shuffle along, I soon got bored. Three minutes had passed. I looked in her backseat to see if she had anything to read and there they were. The flashcards!

I began reading them and before I knew it, two hours had gone by, and I'd been through the cards twice. This was honestly the best scenario! No dogs, no computer, no phone, no music, no texting, no email, no blog, AND NO ROBIN. Just me and 126 little cards.

The way I figure, I am way ahead of schedule. Initially, I was supposed to go to my other job today. Wound up taking the day off to study. Two study days had turned in to three. Then we learned we couldn't take the test until Tuesday, so three days became four. I honestly hadn't planned on doing much studying today, let alone really good, focused, uninterrupted studying.

Plus I did the dreadmill ~ a little more running every day ~ and I tanned. Feeling productive.

No comments: