Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm so busted.



Robin had a real estate hearing today - something about evicting someone. While working on the case last night, she ran in to a snafu and started calling her lawyer friends. Nobody could answer her questions, then she thought of my bosses husband, who specializes in real estate law. She asked for my cellphone to call my boss and spoke with her husband.

They spoke, then she set my phone down on her desk.

I went to bed and Robin stayed up and worked late.

Got up this morning and she totally gave me the cold shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"Not a thing."

"Are you made at me?"

"Nope."

"What'd I do?"

"Not a thing".

I figured she was stressed about the hearing today or something. I'd give her time and talk to her later.

About 20 minutes in to my commute, she called me.

"Who is Ronel?"

"What?"

"Do you know a Ronel?"

"What are you saying?"

"Ronel? RONEL?? Who the hell is Ronel?"

"What???" Spell it."

"R O N E L".

"What are you talking about, Robin?"

"Late last night, at around 1:30, your phone went off. You got a text message with an "I LOVE YOU" card attached".

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about." I hung up, checked my text, and sure enough, there was a text with an "I LOVE YOU" card attached from a local number. So I called it.

"Hi. Who am I speaking with? I got a text from you in the middle of the night?"

"Oh yeah. It's Ronel Johnson. Sheila Johnson's ex-husband."

Sheila Johnson is a very nice lady who filed for divorce from Ronel about a year ago. We had to take the papers to him in Liberty City, the worst part of Miami. He couldn't come to us - no transportation. Plus he was homeless, living in a church where he preaches. We got lost several times and I called him about 3 or 4 times for directions from my cell. Evidently, my number is still in his phone and he sent that text to me by mistake.

Even though she knew it was a mix up, Robin has still been giving me the cold shoulder. Like when you have a bad dream about someone and wake up, you're still mad.

I just looked at the text again. It doesn't say Ronel anywhere. Then I noticed she responded to his text, "Hey there!"

I called Robin and asked how she knew it was Ronel. She did a reverse number look up and got his name and called him at 1:30. Said if a woman had answered, she would have awakened me and killed me.

So instead of waking me up to kill me, she went to bed thinking I was having an affair with a 500 pound, homeless, preacher man. THAT would be OK, but had a woman answered, she would have killed me.

No comments: