Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello Luvah!!!



I feel sorry for those of you who have never been to an "Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza". It is a chain, so maybe a location will be opening close to you soon. Here's hoping, for your sake.

Yeah, the pizza is great. Especially the Mahgarita Pizza. (Not sure if I spelled that right. And no, it's not like a margarita.) But the wings are to die for!!! I absolutely love them! They're prepared Italian style and are baked in the coal fire.
They're not breaded or fried. They don't come with a bunch of sauce. No blue cheese dressing. Why...they're practically good for you. Hard believe how delicious they are.

There's also this awesome fresh salad that I love. Lettuce, red onion egg, tomatoe, chick peas, argola and some kind Italian of house dressing. Doesn't sound special, but it truly is.

There is a slight problem...Robin hates the place. She hates the pizza and the wings. She asked for blue cheese dressing once and the waiter looked at her the same way the waitress just at me once when I asked for cheese on my burger at a Kosher restaurant. Big no no. (I knew that, but had to embarass Robin. Mission accomplished. One point for Team Kim).

All week long, the boys on my radio station have been talking about Anthony's latest addition - ribs. I am not a big fan of the ribs, but boy, Robin adores them. Sent her an email about Anthony's having ribs now. Got a response like, "Good, finally something edible", and we made a date to go tonight.

Little does she know that they prepare the ribs the same way they prepare the wings. No sauce. She's gonna flip! She asks for extra extra sauce on every single thing she orders.

Ha ha! Make that 2 points for Team Kim. (Unless she reads this before we go. Then the joke's on me, I guess).

No comments: