Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's that time of the month again.


I know it's coming. It arrives like clockwork. I dread it every month. It's been a monthly visitor in my life for as long as I can remember. Didn't like it way back when and I certainly don't like it now. It's annoying and frustrating. Sometimes I think the men just have it way too easy.

The dreaded random stray neck hair.

It's invisible, but I know it's there.

Just got home from CAM class. Was trying to pay attention to the fascinating difference between the right of recession of a condo and an HOA, when I felt it. Oh, I am way past the point of wondering if anyone else can see it. They can't ~ there is no doubt about that. This is one of those things that only I know. But now I know it's there and I'm like a dog with a bone. Just got home from class and I rushed to my 3x mirror, my best tweezers and strongest glasses. It's ever so fine. Sure, I'll get the occassional whisker-esque cousin of the invisible hair every once in a while, but at least they stay put. I can touch that one then pick up my mirror and go right to it. The invisible stray is tricky. It's a teaser. Stray hair of mystery, if you will. It's truly invisible.

Defeat. I just missed my moment of opportunity to catch the invisible hair. I have to catch it in the mid afternoon sun and now it's too late. I will be stroking this mo fo for the rest of the night. Yeah, I'll try it again and again, but really, I need the 3:00 sun. My neck is currently full of little red peck marks from where I aimlessly jabbed.

Gonna give it a rest for now, but I'll be back.

And just for the record...unlike the picture above, it is never on my chin and there's only one per month. And it's never long. Perhaps if I allowed it to get long, I wouldn't have so much difficulty.

No comments: