Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!


Last year, I didn't make any New Year resolutions, but this year I did...1) hit the treadmill (a/k/a "The Beast") five times per week, 2) eat more vegetables, and 3) drink 96 ounces of water every day.

I made it through 01/01/10.

Yesterday I didn't feel well and just watched movies all day. We watched "27 Dresses" - cute, "The Hangover" - very funny, especially when Leslie Chow rolled up his window and said, "Tooda Luuuuuuu, Mothaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Efffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh" (I don't know why I find that so funny, but I just looked it up on youtube and laughed again. And he used the real F word), and "Julie and Julia".

I have nothing against Julia Child. I'm sure she was a lovely lady. I was confused in the beginning of the movie, though. I assumed she was French. She wasn't French. She was born in friggen Pasadena, so what is with that voice/accent? Seriously. It really began to annoy me. Then it went past the point of annoying and I couldn't wait for the movie to end.

Why, I don't know, but today I googled the movie. I guess I really wanted to see if Julia Child really hated Julie. But I read something that Julie had an extramarital affair during the year that she made all the recipes. They should have put that in the movie. Just my opinion. But who am I to second guess Nora Ephron?

Watching the movie did inspire me to spend more time writing and cooking. So I found what sounded like an incredible Lemon Chicken Soup recipe. It called for eggs in it and lemon juice. I thought it was gonna be so different. Afterall, it was a Greek recipe. Just made it and tasted it. How can I describe it? Hmm? Oh I know! It tasted exactly like regular chicken soup with eggs and lemon in it.

I sure hope my Mexican Sheppards Pie doesn't let me down.

No comments: