Friday, July 8, 2011

Still safe. For now.

A few weeks ago Robin called me at work.  Got the cold shoulder from the boss for the rest of the day because she insisted that nobody gets personal phonecalls for any reason.  Ever.  Gee, I miss her.

In Robin's mind, this was an emergency. 

Me:  "Hello?  Thisbetterbeimportant."

Robin:  "You are so screwed."

Me:  "What."

Robin:  "Joe's son is visiting and he brought them a laptop and he's showing them how to use it."

Me:  GULP.

So for the past couple weeks, I'd have Robin nonchalantly ask her mother, without trying to sound encouraging, if she used the laptop much.  In Iris' usual fashion, she was evasive. 

I think my question was answered today.

...RING...Actuallly it's more of a "Baaaaby, you're a fiiiiirework".

Robin:  "What do you want?"  That's her charming way of answering the phone to her mother.  And mine.

Iris:  "What is your computer address?"

Robin:  "My what?"

Iris:  "Your computer's address.  What is it?"

Robin:  "Uh, you know my address.  My computers lives at home with me."

Iris:  "Stop messing with me.  You know what I mean.  I need to have my insurance company send me something over the computer."

Robin:  "You mean my e-mail?"

Iris:  "Yes.  Tell me what it is."

Robin told her then Iris wanted to know if computer mail was faster or slower than mail mail.

Iris:  "OK, so tell me how this works.  You get the computer mail.  I have to sign something and get it back to them.  Do I sign it on your computer?"

Robin:  "Yes, Mom.  You come over here and I'll give you a pretty magic pen.  You sign your name on my computer screen and then we hit the magic button and off it'll go."

Iris:  "I'm on my way."

Guess I don't have to worry about her getting to this site anytime soon.

No comments: