Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It was an honest mistake.


Two different women brought in schnauzers for grooming today, Sam and Bravo (those are the dogs, not the women).

At around 2:00, Bravo's mom showed up for, well, Bravo. I went and got Bravo and made sure the lady liked the cut. AFTER CHECKING HIM OUT VERY CLOSELY, she said, "Yes, very much. Thank you."

I asked her if she wanted to set the next grooming date. (We get extra $$$ for each one we pre-book. Woo. Hoo.) She said yes and played with the dog while I set the appointment.

I thanked her and sent them on their schnauzy way. Went back to give the groomer her tip, at which point she tells me, "You just gave that lady Sam."

WHAT?!?!

Quickly looked for a cellphone number for her and of course there wasn't one. Called their house and the husband (who's retired - they're all retired) answered. Explained what had happened and he got a good laugh out of it. Apologized and asked that they return Sam a.s.a.p. so maybe Sam's owner doesn't have to find out what happened.

Sam was returned before his owner came, so all's well that ends well.

OK. I may have been a dumbass in this situation, but, really, who's the bigger DA here? How can you not know your own dog? Sure, I call all my dogs by the wrong name because I stupidly started with the "B" thing. But I'm pretty sure, almost positive, that I would never bring home the wrong dog.

Gossip: There is a (older, duh) couple who bring their dog to daycare several times a week. (Wait, should that "a" have been an "an"?) I love the dog, but I cannot stand them. They always come together, dressed alike, think they're dog is so special, leave the door wide open (pet - pun intended - peeve) and talk with fake Tina Turner accents. There is a huge sign that says "DO NOT LEAN OVER THE FENCE". Every single time she leans over the fence. The owners have asked her repeatedly not to lean over the fence. This gets all the dogs all fired up and it's hard for the daycare person when they get all bunched up like that. I am not naming dog names (to protect the innocent), but one of "Scruffy's" friend's mom came in today to drop off "Boo Bear". She asked if Scruffy comes to daycare. Yes, all the time. Then she told us how they're neighbors and every time there's a social event at the club, Scruffy's mom gets rip roaring drunk and makes a complete ass out of herself. She hangs all over Boo Bear's mom like they're BFF's, then never remembers a thing. They run into each other a few days later and Scruffy's mom acts like she's never met her before.

This must explain why she hangs over the fence all the time. She's drunk and can't remember being told not to.

1 comment:

cybermatic said...

Uh, I would refrain from making snide remarks about retirees, missy.

It was YOU who gave out the wrong dog, no?

I'm just sayin'....