Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How random!!!!!

I'm off today and wanted to make Robin a nice dinner.  Defrosted some chicken breasts and wished Robin hadn't eaten the rest of the ham.  Chicken cordon bleu would be nice, but oh well.  Don't feel like going out.

Robin just got home and ran back to her car for something.  She came back with a bag full of ham. 

We have a friend here, Tina.   Tina is a sweetheart.  She is about 6'2", blonde hair and married to a man 26 years her senior, with whom she is always upset.  We do things with her a lot.  She is an awesome shopper and has a good eye.  She would do anything for you.

Tina is very southern.  She is also VERY loud.  When she gets fired up or excited, she speaks very fast.  Her voice is very southern, very loud, and very fast.  She does not go unnoticed.

Tina stopped by Robin's office today to give her something.  One of the grocery stores had Oscar Meyer ham on sale for TEN CENTS a package!  Tina bought all they had and dropped some off for Robin to give me.

She walked into her office, which was full of people and began shouting, "LOOK AT THIS HAM!  TEN CENTS A PACK!  TAKE SOME HOME TO KIM. "

Robin told Tina, "Kim doesn't want any ham."  She looked at her like she had three heads.

Tina:  "YOU TAKE KIM HOME SOME HAM.  TEN CENTS A PACKAGE.  I BOUGHT IT ALL.  YOU TAKE SOME HOME TO KIM OR I'M GONNA COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR AND UPSET ALL YOUR DOGS.  YOU TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Robin agreed just to get her out of the office. 

As excited as Tina was to send Robin home with ham, I was equally as excited to be on the receiving end.  Not sure which is odder ~ the fact that I wanted ham earlier but was too lazy to go buy it, or the fact that our friend just out of the "bleu" (get it, cordon bleu?) brought us ham.  I can see a pink something or a dog related knick knack, but ham?

{OK.  I know this probably isn't funny or interesting or cool to anyone but me, but I promised my mother I'd write on my blog today and this was the highlight of my day.}

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I think it's kismet!