Friday, June 10, 2011

HAIR HAIR EVERYWHAIR

As you know, I am now a receptionist at a pet resort.  As glamorous as I know that sounds, and it does sound glamorous, it's not all fun and games.  There's actually a lot of cleaning involved, mainly the floors.  Before I leave at the end of the day, I have to vacuum and mop the reception area. (BTW, I do not have doo-doo patrol, just in case you're trying to picture it, thanks.)

On any given day, I'd say 30 dogs walk through the reception area. 

I am off today and just finished my own floors.  What amazes me is the amount of hair my own heathens create.  20 times more hair that I deal with at work.  And between the two of us, these floors get swept twice a day. (Usually.)  I just swept and filled a big janitorial sized dust pan.  Then I dry "Swiffered".  Used three pads, front and back.  Then I wet "Swiffered".  Another three pads. 

Meanwhile, they're all just lying around on the furniture half watching me, half snoozing.  God forbid I bump the bottom of the couch and disturb their slumber.

All it's gonna take is one dog to shake or one little dog chase and everything will be right back to where it was. 

Five dogs.  Really?

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I have 1 long haired cat. She can coat every upholstered piece of furniture and the carpet in an hour. It was much easier with short haired cats!