Monday, March 21, 2011

Tom Petty was right.

I really don't have to live like a refugee.

Just kidding.  He was right about the waiting is the hardest part.  Had my promising job interview at the law firm on Thursday.  Followed up with a 'thank you' email the same day.  Held my breath all day Friday.  Made it through the weekend and called him this morning.  They haven't made a decision yet, but he did say, "You're definitely in the running."  They have a few more interviews and it may not be until next week when I hear from them.  They'll call either way, which is nice.

Meanwhile, I am still applying for possible jobs.  Just applied at an animal hospital.  I think I'd love that until a really sick cat or dog came in.  Wonder if I could request the customers who bring in their pets for shots and flea control?  Will add that to my next cover letter.  "I really love all animals, but think I would do exceptionally well with the ones who aren't really sick.  They'd make me sad.  I perform best when I'm not sad.  Thanks!"

Craiglist makes it so easy to apply for work.  We can literally send out 50 resumes a day.  The downfall is that all the jobs are not on the up and up.  Robin and I must have applied for the same job.  Some type of administrative assistant position.  We both received the same response, which essentially advised that our job duties would be to mail stuff for him.  And we were specifically instructed not to ask what the stuff was that we'd be mailing.   I declined.  Robin is probably waiting to hear back.  I think the response said something like "wear something sexy when we meet".  Again, she's probably waiting.

If I don't find something soon, maybe I actually will have to live like a refugee. 

No comments: