Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm a money/note stasher.

I hide money all over the place. It's not that we have a lot of money (AT ALL), but when I have some, I like to hide it so I never have to feel broke. The truth is, sometimes I hide it too well and forget where.

I have many many different hiding places. Robin knows of a few. She'll now know of another one.

I have an ipad that is in a pink rubber protective thing. I taped an envelope to the back of my ipad and put money in there. Totally forgot about it and six months ago, I was was very pleasantly surprised to find a $100 dollar bill in there.

This afternoon Robin wanted to go to the store. My wallet was empty. I was holding my ipad and decided to see if I had any cash hiding.

No cash, but there was a hand written note that I had totally forgotten about. Took it when we were just at my mom's. How wrong is it that I feel the need to take notes in certain situations? Actually wish I'd taken more.

If you've been reading my blog lately, you know that my brother, Kyle, has a new girlfriend. She was coming over for the weekend while we were there. My mom wanted us to make sure there were "good" towels for her in the downstairs bathroom.

My mom to me: "When you go downstairs, will you make sure the good towels are out for Marcy?"

Me to my mom: "Why do I have to do everything around here?"

Robin to my mom: "You don't put out nice towels for me."

My mom to Robin: "You're family."

Robin to my mom: "Take that back right now!"

Me to my mom: "Don't you EVER speak to her that way."

Ahhhhh.....dysFUNction!

If we weren't both jobless, this note would have been better than finding cash.

No comments: